Coinbase Login | Converting Cryptocurrency
Users can trade between two cryptocurrencies directly. For example: exchanging Ethereum (ETH) with Bitcoin (BTC), or vice versa.
All trades are executed immediately and therefore cannot be canceled
Cash (ex: USD) is not needed to trade
On a web browser
1. Sign in to your Coinbase account.
2. At the top, click Buy / Sell > Convert.
3. There will be a panel with the option to convert one cryptocurrency to another.
4. Enter the cash amount of cryptocurrency you would like to convert in your local currency. For example, $10 worth of BTC to convert into XRP.
5. Click Preview Convert.
6. Confirm the conversion transaction.
On the Coinbase mobile app
1. Tap Convert under More
2. From the panel, select the crypto you'd like to convert to another crypto.
3. Enter the cash amount of crypto you would like to convert in your local currency. For example, $10 worth of BTC to convert into XRP.
4. Select Preview convert. (If you do not have enough crypto to complete the transaction, you will not be able to complete this transaction.)
5. Confirm the conversion transaction.
Coinbase Wallet is a self-custody wallet that gives you complete control of your crypto. This means that the private keys (that represent ownership of the cryptocurrency) for your Wallet are stored directly on your mobile device and not with a centralized exchange like Coinbase.com.
Learn more about:
Supported assets and networks on Coinbase Wallet
Trading on decentralized exchanges (DEXes)
Coinbase Wallet browser extension
Note that Coinbase Wallet is not the same product as Coinbase.com, and you do not need a Coinbase.com account to use Coinbase Wallet. If you’re looking to simply invest in crypto, Coinbase.com remains the easiest place to buy, sell, and manage your crypto.
See the Locations and trading pairs help article for all crypto-to-crypto trading pairs
A description of the Coinbase fees for Digital Currency Conversions can be found on our pricing and fees disclosures page
To see availability depending on country and cryptocurrency type, check out our Asset directory